Do you want to lead the development of athletes, influencers, and ambassadors in the world of cycling and mountainbiking? As a Global Sports Marketing Manager you will be establishing an important link between the athlete and consumer within the safety and cycling industry. You will be responsible for the development of the global cycling sports marketing strategy and also in the delivery and execution of that strategy.
– Developing the global cycling athlete, ambassador, and influencer marketing program.
– Manage, negotiate, and maintain all athlete, ambassador, and influencer contracts.
– Develop activation plans for all athletes in alignment with content, social media, and other marketing programs.
– Coordinate with the wider marketing team efforts.
– Attend all necessary events and support athletes in competition.
– Be aware of trends and best practices to apply in athlete marketing.
– Responsible for evaluating results of marketing efforts.
– Manage the budget for all athletes and activations.
– Manage distribution of products to athletes
We believe the applicant of this position should have a minimum of three years work experience in marketing or athlete management, preferably from working with retail brands and/or sports industry. The applicant has a strong understanding of global cycling athletes and competitions. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, media, communication, or other related field is an advantage but not required.
– The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form is a must as well as having an understanding of modern marketing techniques.
– The ability to brainstorm, lead, and develop athlete activations that combine branding and sales.
– The ability to prioritize activities and control the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
– Must be both adaptable and flexible with an easily open to change attitude, can adapt to considerable variety in the workplace such as changes in marketing direction or company needs.
– A professional and positive attitude.
– Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Start: By appointment
POC, a leading manufacturer of helmets, eyewear, body armor and apparel, has been awarded more than 60 international safety, design, and innovation awards. Founded in 2005 in Sweden, POC’s mission is to ‘protect lives and reduce the consequences of accidents for athletes and anyone inspired to be one’. Visit pocsports.com.
We are partnering with PerformIQ to manage the recruitment process of this position. For questions, please contact Carl Henrik Monsén, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application as soon as possible as interviews are ongoing. The position may be filled before the stated deadline. We accept applications in English or Swedish.